Special tips for preparing for your session
You can scroll to view the list of preparations below or download as a PDF.
- Schedule your photo session on a day that you, your partner and your children (if they are going to be in the shoot) will be relaxed and well rested. Try not to schedule too many appointments on that day before or after the shoot.
- At least two hours before our shoot, please try to remove anything with elastic such as a tight shirt, pants, underwear or a bra to prevent strap marks from appearing on your skin.
- Eat a light snack before the shoot.
- Make-up should be light and natural looking. A light foundation, blush etc. to even out skin tones is perfect. Too much eyeliner or eye shadow can look very dark on film. If you want us to recommend a professional do your make-up, please allow us to make a recommendation.
- Hair should be fixed so you are comfortable with it. Some mothers prefer to go to a stylist before the shoot; others prefer to fix their hair on their own. If you want us to have a stylist during your shoot, please let us know.
- Special jewelry is a nice accessory to the photographs, though too much jewelry can be distracting. If you have any questions, just bring them along.
- Create your special photograph. Feel free to bring anything that you want included in the photograph including flowers or special clothing such as scarves, shawls or veils.
- Solid colored clothes can be useful when photographing a large family. Mothers, please bring a dark maternity skirt and dark or solid cardigan sweater and tank top — something to cover the breasts but still expose the belly. If you are being photographed with your partner, please have him/her bring or wear dark pants and a solid dark shirt, long or short sleeved is fine. If this isn’t you, then don’t bring it. But definitely talk to us before you come.
- If the shoot is in your home, we need a larger room with nice available light (no skylights) and only the family and nannies should be present to prevent distractions.